Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 640537
Resource configuration values are removed after re-inventory
Last modified: 2011-06-22 10:50:13 EDT
Created attachment 451847 [details]
Description of problem:
Resource configuration values are removed after re-inventory. All the config fields are blanked out. Please refer the screenshot attached for a resource before and after reinventory.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Login to JON using appropriate credential
2) Click on 'Inventory' menu item.
3) Click on 'Resource Inventory->Platforms'.
4) Select a resource (Ex: RHQ Agent) and click on 'Uninventory' button. (Check the config values before uninventory of the resource)
5) Reinventory the resource.
6) Navigate to the 'Configuration->Current' tab of the resource.
7) Check the config values after re-inventory.
Resource configuration values are removed after reinventory. All the config fields are blanked out.
Configuration values should persist after re-inventory.
Created attachment 451848 [details]
This issue is observed intermittently.
For the times when you saw the issue, did you definitely click the Save button on the Configuration>Current view to save your config changes?
This would be bad if its reproducible
I am not able to reproduce this (using an RHQ Agent resource).