Description of problem:
If user attempts to "favorite" a group and views the Favorites portlet in the dashboard, s/he notes that only a single resource from that group appears in the portlet. Other general instability is/may be exhibited too, as noted below.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create compatible groups for each of: platform, server, services. Assure you have multiple of each type in the group
2. Inventory > Compatible Groups > $name_of_group
3. Click the "Favorite" badge
4. Navigate back to your dashboard; view the Favorites portlet (or add one if you don't already have it.)
5. Repeat steps 2-4 for each of your compatible groups
* Instead of the group itself showing up in the portlet, a lone resource appears. For example, if I try to badge "Platform Group", and then view results, I get one Favorite for, say, "core-01.usersys.redhat.com" -- not the Group itself.
* (maybe) Badging a group seems to wipe out any other "groups" that have been badged already, i.e., if i favorite the Platform Group, and then Favorite the Server Group, only the latter (in the aforementioned busted state) shows up. Not quite 100% sure of the heuristic on this.
* (maybe) This behavior, combined with another non-group already in the favorites -- for example, badge a host file and then badge a Platform Group -- seems to cause the dashboard to be unresponsive - it never returns.
Working and/or stable badging of groups/resources
This may not be a dashboard bug, per se, but dashboard is the only place one can (currently) see the favorites. Also, as noted above, the dashboard can end up severely hanging from this.
I think these issues are resolved via ongoing work on favorites etc. The Favorite Resources portlet only lists favorite resources, not groups or group members. Badging of groups seems not to affect the portlet. Also, badged groups and resources are showing up as expected in the favorites button.
verified through interactive testing
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.