Bug 642285 - FIX correctly - "Admin -> Task Engine Status -> Last Execution Times" is empty
FIX correctly - "Admin -> Task Engine Status -> Last Execution Times" is empty
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Product: Red Hat Satellite 5
Classification: Red Hat
Component: WebUI (Show other bugs)
540
All Linux
high Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Tomas Lestach
Garik Khachikyan
: Regression
Depends On:
Blocks: sat54-errata
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2010-10-12 10:22 EDT by Clifford Perry
Modified: 2015-01-04 16:58 EST (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
In a previous update, the "Task Engine Status" page was removed from WebUI. This update adds this page back.
Story Points: ---
Clone Of: 642203
Environment:
Last Closed: 2010-12-16 10:44:56 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Comment 2 Tomas Lestach 2010-11-24 06:35:45 EST
Checking ...
Comment 3 Tomas Lestach 2010-11-25 10:20:08 EST
I reverted Partha's commit, where he disabled the page and modified the necessary stuff.
I tried to keep the page layout as similar to the sat53 one as possible, however I did some changes:
- adding status for single tasks (FINISHED/FAILED/RUNNING)
- removing "Current DB Time", because the task execution times aren't the DB times, but regular server times
- adding extra information, whether taskomatic service is running or not
- number of tasks increased, because sat54 contains more tasks than sat53 (and sat53 didn't list all of the scheduled tasks)

spacewalk.git: 779c9122e0bfd02b98240f09c7f8aeaa584699b8
Comment 5 Xixi 2010-12-02 18:15:23 EST
Related Bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=659138
Bug 659138 - Need Web UI or config option to list/enable/disable/adjust frequency of Taskomatic tasks
Comment 8 Garik Khachikyan 2010-12-07 11:02:19 EST
# REOPEN

Actually, having the latest spacewalk-java packages applied to the Sat540 brings satellite to an unbelievable hard state - system goes to a non-responsive state, no more other pages are shown, even satellite-restart does not help the situation (seems that apache session keeps open and each time tries to load that problematic page there).

Here is the error that I got from tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log:
---
[Tue Dec 07 16:58:34 2010] [error] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: ajp_ilink_receive() can't receive header
---
Comment 9 Garik Khachikyan 2010-12-07 11:10:30 EST
# COMMENT

forget to mention: it happens when one clicks: "Admin -> Task Engine Status -> Last Execution Times"
Comment 11 Garik Khachikyan 2010-12-10 05:43:04 EST
# VERIFIED

Following are the packages fixing the issue:
---
spacewalk-java-1.2.39-34.el5sat
spacewalk-java-oracle-1.2.39-34.el5sat
spacewalk-java-config-1.2.39-34.el5sat
spacewalk-java-lib-1.2.39-34.el5sat
spacewalk-taskomatic-1.2.39-34.el5sat
---

Now the https://<sat>/rhn/admin/TaskStatus.do is available through "Admin -> Task Engine Status" and returns:
---

Scheduling Service:	 ON
Last Execution Times
Channel Repodata:	 2010-12-10 11:36:00 CET	 FINISHED
Clean Current Alerts:	 2010-12-10 04:35:00 CET	 FINISHED
Clean Log History:	 2010-12-09 23:00:00 CET	 FINISHED
Cobbler Sync:	 2010-12-10 11:36:00 CET	 FINISHED
Compare Config Files:	 2010-12-09 23:00:00 CET	 FINISHED
Daily Summary Mail:	 2010-12-09 23:00:00 CET	 FINISHED
Errata Cache:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Errata Notification Mail:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Errata Notification Queue:	 2010-12-10 11:36:00 CET	 FINISHED
Kickstart Cleanup:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Kickstart Sync:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Package Cleanup:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Sandbox Cleanup:	 2010-12-10 04:05:00 CET	 FINISHED
Certificate Check:	 2010-12-09 23:00:00 CET	 FINISHED
Session Cleanup:	 2010-12-10 11:30:00 CET	 FINISHED
Daily Summary Queue:	 2010-12-09 23:00:00 CET	 FINISHED
Sync Probe State:	 2010-12-10 11:36:00 CET	 FINISHED
Comment 13 errata-xmlrpc 2010-12-16 10:44:56 EST
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.

http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2010-0991.html
Comment 14 Jaromir Hradilek 2010-12-16 11:33:19 EST
    Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
    accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
    
    New Contents:
In a previous update, the "Task Engine Status" page was removed from WebUI. This update adds this page back.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.