Created attachment 453424 [details]
The screen when upgrading with DVD
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
0. Prepared a F-13 minimal installed system in KVM.
1. Boot F14-Final-TC1-disc1.iso on the system.
2. Choose 'upgrade system' and select 'Create new bootloader configuration'. Click 'Next'
3. You'll see a screen popped up saying: The software you have selected for install require the following discs: #1, #2.
4. Click 'Reboot' and shut down the guest
5. Change the cdrom to point to F14-Final-TC1-DVD.iso instead of disc1.
6. Boot DVD and executed step 2 again.
7. The same screen displayed as step3.
CD install media requirement window shouldn't pop up during DVD upgrade.
If at step5 and6, I boot F14-beta instead, this issue won't happen.
Created attachment 453426 [details]
Logs under /tmp
Don't know if it's related, a slightly different steps can cause an exception, see bug#642913.
Has something changed in the repo metadata between the beta and now? On the DVD, everything should just be marked as being in #1. We certainly haven't done anything to this reporting code in anaconda for a while now.
Created attachment 453655 [details]
Repomd.xml differences between F14 beta and Final-TC1
I don't know of anything that's changed here.
He Rui - have you confirmed while in the installer that it is reading the TC1 DVD correctly?
I looked at the TC1 x86_64 DVD. All the 'location' tags in primary point to:
which is the same as what's in repomd.xml. It almost sounds like qemu didn't reattach the DVD correctly.
In fact, we already have reports of qemu not handling this correctly in bugzilla, I'm marking this as a duplicate of bug 623126. Please reopen if you can reproduce this on bare metal.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 623126 ***
(In reply to comment #7)
> In fact, we already have reports of qemu not handling this correctly in
> bugzilla, I'm marking this as a duplicate of bug 623126. Please reopen if you
> can reproduce this on bare metal.
> *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 623126 ***
I can reproduce it on bare metal too, also in kvm, it's obvious that the guest has recognized the DVD media changed in step 5 as DVD can be successfully mounted on /mnt/source with the size about 3.3G.
Tell me if you need more info to debug this issue.
For F15, we are moving to a single disc install media, so this will no longer be an issue.