Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 6485
kpager segfaults when run under WindowMaker
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:52 EDT
I am, admittedly, running this with a WindowMaker and
libPropList pulled down from windowmaker.org (there're
severe bugs in the WindowMaker rpm shipped w/ RHL 6.1 and
the libPropList rpm would be too old to function with the
version of WindowMaker shipped even if it didn't have that
bug), but anyway:
kpager -- which is a wonderful pager, I might add --
segfaults at startup when I try to run it under WindowMaker.
It runs fine under kwm, though.
What's more, on a different system that I have running RHL
6.0 -- same WindowMaker-related rpms as on the 6.1 system,
though -- kpager works without any problem whatsoever.
------- Additional Comments From 10/29/99 11:47 -------
Two additional pieces of information:
I got the WindowMaker (0.61.1-1) and libPropList (0.9.1-1) rpms from
the freshmeat mirror at rpmfind.net, not from windowmaker.org itself
as I'd previously said.
I tried compiling WindowMaker 0.61.1 from source, thinking that
perhaps the rpm I'd downloaded hadn't been configured with
--enable-kde and that this was causing problems. This didn't help --
even with the newly-rolled, kde-enabled WindowMaker, kpager still
fixed for 6.2.