Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 64873
Please make rhn_register use intltool
Last modified: 2015-01-07 18:56:17 EST
Please consider making rhn_register use intltool. This will significantly ease
the translation of the .desktop file entries for translators, since they can be
translated and maintained directly from the po file.
Will attempt to do this once some docs about using it on non auto* packages
1) create a file with one this like GETTEXT_PACKAGE=your_textdomain and place
it in the root and call it configure.in (this doesnt mean that you have to
use auto* or anything like that.
2) mkdir po/
3) Create a file called POTFILES.in in po/ and add the .desktop.in in it/
4) Now run intltool-update --pot
5) Create a testing language, by copying your_textdomain.pot into the lang
file, like for instance 'cp footool.pot da.po', now update the language by
issuing 'intltool-update lang' ie. for Danish 'intltool-update da'
6) To create the .desktop file from the desktop.in file do the following:
intltool-merge -d -u PO_DIR filename.desktop.in filename.desktop, where po
dir is ../po if you for instance do this from src/
PLEASE IMPROVE THIS GUIDE!
Oops, please change this:
create a file with one this like GETTEXT_PACKAGE=your_textdomain
create a file with only this line: GETTEXT_PACKAGE=your_textdomain
(you could call your_textdomain for rhn_register in this case)