Bug 651227 - Review Request: python-sleekxmpp - Flexible XMPP client/component/server library for Python
Summary: Review Request: python-sleekxmpp - Flexible XMPP client/component/server libr...
Status: CLOSED ERRATA
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review
Version: rawhide
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Thomas Spura
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2010-11-09 02:01 UTC by Florent Le Coz
Modified: 2014-09-27 13:49 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

(edit)
Clone Of:
(edit)
Last Closed: 2011-01-17 20:58:20 UTC
tomspur: fedora-review+
tibbs: fedora-cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Florent Le Coz 2010-11-09 02:01:33 UTC
Spec URL: http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp.spec
SRPM URL: http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.2.beta2.fc13.src.rpm
Description:
SleekXMPP is a flexible XMPP library for python 2.6 and python 3.x that allows
you to create clients, components or servers for the XMPP protocol.
Plug-ins can be create to cover every current or future XEP.


Notes:
- I'm personally involved in the project (contributing patches).
- Poezio, from the 0.7 version, is now using this lib instead of python-xmpp (poezio is an already approved package, but not yet in fedora's repositories)
- SleekXMPP has python-dns as an optional dependency, but currently this lib has only been released for python 2.x, I'll package the python3.x version (which is in an experimental git branch, upstream) or make it package and add python3-dns as a dependency when it's done.

Comment 1 Thomas Spura 2010-11-09 23:02:40 UTC
Please take a look, how to build the python3 subpackage at:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python#Building_more_than_once

That way, building also happens in %build.

I don't think you need the big %if with_python3 macro everywhere, if you only want to build for F13 and up.
Or to which release will this be targeted?

Comment 2 Thomas Spura 2010-11-09 23:04:16 UTC
(In reply to comment #1)
> Please take a look, how to build the python3 subpackage at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python#Building_more_than_once
> 
> That way, building also happens in %build.
> 
> I don't think you need the big %if with_python3 macro everywhere, if you only
> want to build for F13 and up.
> Or to which release will this be targeted?

I mean with that, please use %py3dir to do the building in another directory, etc

Comment 3 Florent Le Coz 2010-11-09 23:30:19 UTC
Ok, I'll do that, thank you very much.

And that's targeted for F13 and above only.

Comment 4 Florent Le Coz 2010-11-09 23:52:32 UTC
Spec URL: http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp.spec
SRPM URL:
http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.3.beta2.fc13.src.rpm

I fixed that, accordingly with the documentation you pointed.
And I also added the execution of tests in %check

Comment 5 Thomas Spura 2010-11-11 12:07:07 UTC
Issues:

- Where do you have the sources from?
  You need to write the commands down, how you generated that tar ball, when using git or somthing (don't find the guideline link atm...)

- Please don't menition python 2.6 or versions like that, it's a XMPP library and that's it :)
  A user doesn't need to know something about the python version, only that it works with the python version currently in fedora ;-)
  Please delete that from summary and description

- Please add acomment, that you didn't add python3-dns yet to Requires

- %files section:
  When you are more explicit with %files, you know when builing an egg failed:
e.g.:
%{python3_sitelib}/sleekxmpp/
%{python3_sitelib}/sleekxmpp-*.egg-info

- INSTALL is not a doc. It helps you to install it, but it's not a documentary for the user later on.

Rest looks ok so far:
- no *.la
- no libs
- name ok


Didn't look for the license yet, will do that, when the issues are gone.

Comment 6 Florent Le Coz 2010-11-11 15:15:18 UTC
(In reply to comment #5)
> Issues:
> 
> - Where do you have the sources from?
>   You need to write the commands down, how you generated that tar ball, when
> using git or somthing (don't find the guideline link atm...)
> 
It's just a temporary thing. SleekXMPP will be hosted on pypi after the final release. The current problem is that github generates a temporary URL only when browsing the download page. So I hosted it myself, but in the futur it should be OK directly from upstream.
Anyway, fixed in the spec.

> - Please don't menition python 2.6 or versions like that, it's a XMPP library
> and that's it :)
>   A user doesn't need to know something about the python version, only that it
> works with the python version currently in fedora ;-)
>   Please delete that from summary and description
> 
Ok, done

> - Please add acomment, that you didn't add python3-dns yet to Requires
> 
Done

> - %files section:
>   When you are more explicit with %files, you know when builing an egg failed:
> e.g.:
> %{python3_sitelib}/sleekxmpp/
> %{python3_sitelib}/sleekxmpp-*.egg-info
> 
Done

> - INSTALL is not a doc. It helps you to install it, but it's not a documentary
> for the user later on.
>
Done

Spec URL: http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp.spec
SRPM URL:
http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.4.beta2.fc13.src.rpm

Comment 7 Thomas Spura 2010-11-12 14:34:07 UTC
(In reply to comment #6)
> (In reply to comment #5)
> > - Where do you have the sources from?
> >   You need to write the commands down, how you generated that tar ball, when
> > using git or somthing (don't find the guideline link atm...)
> > 
> It's just a temporary thing. SleekXMPP will be hosted on pypi after the final
> release. The current problem is that github generates a temporary URL only when
> browsing the download page. So I hosted it myself, but in the futur it should
> be OK directly from upstream.
> Anyway, fixed in the spec.

There is a regular script running, which checks, if all packages build with the upstream sources. In this case your prackage would pass, because you publish it manually on fedorapeople. Please delete that link, so the package would fail in the sources test.

-> Source0:	sleekxmpp-%{version}-Beta2-0.tar.gz


> > - Please add acomment, that you didn't add python3-dns yet to Requires
> > 
> Done

not done ;)

- License is ok
- R: seem ok

When you fix the source-problem from above, this package is approved.

_________________________________________________


APPROVED

_________________________________________________

Comment 8 Florent Le Coz 2010-11-15 11:00:46 UTC
(In reply to comment #7)
> There is a regular script running, which checks, if all packages build with the
> upstream sources. In this case your prackage would pass, because you publish it
> manually on fedorapeople. Please delete that link, so the package would fail in
> the sources test.
> 
> -> Source0: sleekxmpp-%{version}-Beta2-0.tar.gz
> 
Ok, done. Now rpmlint complains (two warnings), but I suppose it's the expected behaviour.

> > > - Please add acomment, that you didn't add python3-dns yet to Requires
> > > 
> > Done
> 
> not done ;)
> 
Well, yes, it's done in the   %package -n python3-sleekxmpp   section.

> - License is ok
> - R: seem ok
> 
> When you fix the source-problem from above, this package is approved.
> 
> _________________________________________________
> 
> 
> APPROVED
> 
> _________________________________________________

Thanks
So here is the fixed version:

Spec URL: http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp.spec
SRPM URL:
http://louizatakk.fedorapeople.org/rpm/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.5.beta2.fc13.src.rpm

Comment 9 Florent Le Coz 2010-11-15 11:07:24 UTC
New Package SCM Request
=======================
Package Name: python-sleekxmpp
Short Description: Flexible XMPP client/component/server library for Python
Owners: louizatakk
Branches: f13 f14
InitialCC: louizatakk

Comment 10 Thomas Spura 2010-11-15 14:11:54 UTC
(In reply to comment #8)
> > > > - Please add acomment, that you didn't add python3-dns yet to Requires
> > > > 
> > > Done
> > 
> > not done ;)
> > 
> Well, yes, it's done in the   %package -n python3-sleekxmpp   section.

Right, sorry.

Thanks

Comment 11 Jason Tibbitts 2010-11-15 14:40:29 UTC
Git done (by process-git-requests).

Comment 12 Silas Sewell 2011-01-07 18:35:19 UTC
Any update on a Fedora build?

Comment 13 Fedora Update System 2011-01-08 16:06:34 UTC
python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc14 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 14.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc14

Comment 14 Fedora Update System 2011-01-08 16:09:55 UTC
python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc13

Comment 15 Fedora Update System 2011-01-08 21:25:04 UTC
python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 testing repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
 If you want to test the update, you can install it with 
 su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update python-sleekxmpp'.  You can provide feedback for this update here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc13

Comment 16 Fedora Update System 2011-01-17 20:58:15 UTC
python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 17 Fedora Update System 2011-01-31 19:58:15 UTC
python-sleekxmpp-1.0-0.7.beta2.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository.  If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.

Comment 18 David Hannequin 2014-09-27 13:49:58 UTC
Package Change Request
======================
Package Name: python-sleekxmpp
New Branches: el6 epel7
Owners: jamielinux louizatakk


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.