Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 652229
Apache start, stop, restart, etc. operations do not pass "-d serverroot" or "-f config" command line options
Last modified: 2011-05-23 21:11:23 EDT
This is a clone of bug 617218 to track its resolution in RHQ 4.
Author: Lukas Krejci <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu Jul 22 18:26:30 2010 +0200
BZ 617218 - always passing in the -d <serverroot> -f <conf-file> as parameters to the apache control script so that a correct instance is acted upon.
Verified on rhq-server-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT Build #824
1) Default config is at /etc/httpd
2) Copied it to new location /NotBackedUp/newapache/httpd.conf
3) In the new location, changed the ServerRoot in config file to point to yet
another location --/NotBackedUp
4) In the new location, specified Listen:81 and "Include conf.d/*.conf"
5) Added a configuration file at the location defined as ServerRoot in conf
file (at /NotBackedup/conf.d/test.conf)
6) Added ServerName and ServerAdmin directives in /NotBackedup/conf.d/test.conf
Observed that the configuration specified in the yet-another-location is loaded
by the plugin.
The ServerAdmin and ServerName are displayed as defined in
Also did some operations like start, stop, restart, restart gracefully on
apache resource from UI. These operations are successful and executed using the
correct configuration file.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.