Emacs source package have some bugs:
- signal patch is (really?) not needed according to DaveM
for Emacs >20.2
- doesn't contain leim-package so it is useless for
- french description of main package is missing (I'm not
- why --with-pop is not in nox package?
- make install wants install-info which is not in our PATH
(so add /sbin to PATH before make install)
- some non-existent files are tried to strip (put ls -l
before for cycle of stripping)
- patches can be cleaned up so no find . -name *orig is
patche are updated for 20.3
- binary file emacs and emacs-20.3 are the same - symlink
can be sufficient, I think
- HOSTTYPE variable is not used in build section
- build of nox and X11 can be grouped together (configure
has almost the same parameters which can be in some variable
- e.g. COMMON_FLAGS etc.)
- what is the reason for XPUREDEF and PUREDEF variables???
Sorry for bothering with this, but I need czech language
support which really is in emacs-20.3 that comes from
ftp.gnu.org (well, with leim installed) but redhat's is
Fixed in dist-6.0/emacs-20.3-5. (Look for emacs-leim package).