Description of problem:
It's great that the gnome-keyring Login keyring is set up with the same password as the user's password, but if you change your local password, the gnome-keyring Login keyring does not update its password.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. # useradd testuser
2. # passwd testuser
3. log in as testuser to a gnome session
4. enter a WEP key to make a keyring entry
5. $ passwd (change to a new password)
6. Go to Applications -> Accessories -> Passwords and Encryption Keys
7. Right click login keyring, choose Lock
8. Right click login keyring, choose Unlock
The keyring is only accessible with the former password
The keyring should be accessible with the newly changed password
I need to cancel this request. I ended up changing pw as root, and that's how it broke. I tried again changing as the user, and it works fine.
Sorry for the trouble
(In reply to comment #2)
> I need to cancel this request. I ended up changing pw as root, and that's how
> it broke. I tried again changing as the user, and it works fine.
> Sorry for the trouble
Yes, this is principal limitation, you first need to unlock existing keyring and change a password then.