AsyncMongo is an asynchronous Python library for accessing MongoDB using the
Review (first pass)
* rpmlint output: OK (rpmlint doesn't like github https connection but the provided link works fine)
* respect package naming guidelines: OK (python package)
* respect packaging guidelines: OK (including python specific guidelines)
* licensed according an approved license: OK (Apache License 2.0)
* license field in spec matches actual license: OK (the same as stated in sources and upstream site)
* ship license file if provided by sources: irrelevant
* spec written in legible american english: OK
* provided sources checksum matches upstream: OK
bf20a01d657dbfff82131dc4eec76292320b10fe asyncmongo-0.1.tar.gz (original from github)
bf20a01d657dbfff82131dc4eec76292320b10fe asyncmongo-0.1.tar.gz (from src.rpm)
* compile on at least one primary architecture: OK (i386 and x86_64)
* build in mock: OK (no missing BR)
* handle properly locales: irrelevant
* noarch package: OK
* owns all directories it creates: OK
* all files listed only once in %files: OK
* files permissions correctly set: OK
* consistent use of macros: OK
* pure python module, no documentation shipped in tarball, no GUI application
* filename encoding: OK (valid UTF-8)
* builds in mock and is functional
* no license file shipped in source but since all source files header mention the actual license (vanilla ASL 2.0) it should not block the acceptation of the package. Anyway, i recommend packager asking upstream to add one and fix the distutils PKG-INFO file (the license field says UNKNOWN).
Looks fine, i'll leave some time for our fellow packagers comment this review and a second pass review.
Created request for LICENSE file: https://github.com/bitly/asyncmongo/issues/issue/1
The above was fixed in the following revision and should reflected in the next release:
According to python packaging guidelines , python2 modules should set BR to python2-devel (actual python-devel packages provides both). Though it's not (yet?) mandatory, i recommend you set BR to python2-devel instead of python-devel for F13+ . But it's up to you and should not block the review.
The same goes for the license file, since it has already been fixed upstream, it could wait the next release.
I hereby approve python-asyncmongo into fedora packages collection.
 if you plan to maintain EPEL branches, ask EPEL guys first
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: python-asyncmongo
Short Description: Asynchronous Python MongoDB library
Branches: F-13 F-14 EL-6
Git done (by process-git-requests).
python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc14 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 14.
python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc13 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 13.
python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update python-asyncmongo'. You can provide feedback for this update here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc13
python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
python-asyncmongo-0.1-1.fc13 has been pushed to the Fedora 13 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.