Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 655769
RHN Proxy connection path data is not updated on satellite WebUi
Last modified: 2014-07-04 09:28:28 EDT
Description of problem:
When you register a rhnproxy on satellite-5.3, all systems using the proxy to connect to the satellite have a connection tab where the connection path is displayed. The data on this tab is supposed to update with every proxy connect to the satellite (eg. hostname of proxy). This actually doesn't happen.
When you re-create the proxy a client connects through in order to get to the satellite, and this proxy uses a different hostname, there is still the old proxy hostname displayed on the connection path tab of the client.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
* create a proxy rhnproxy.foo.local
* register a client on the satellite using the above proxy
* remove the proxy and create a new one with new name
* install the new cert on the client and customize /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date to point to the new proxy
* go to the communication path tab on for the client on the satellite webui. it still displays the old rhnproxy server name, not the new one.
Steps to Reproduce: