Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 65609
DOCO: rpmbuild man page 'nits'
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:38:02 EDT
1. In General Options, sections --version, --rcfile and --pipe refer to 'rpm'
rather than 'rpmbuild'
2. In General Options, section --root, is the description 'modifying', and of
%pre and %post correct? I understand __reading__ (but not writing) the database
for purposes of satisfying a BuildRequire, but the rest seems to == NOOP.
3. In Build Options, section --sign, it references a non-existant section
concerning GPG SIGNATURES -- it probably should point to the one in man 8 rpm .
1) In this case, "rpm" is the subsystem, not the excutable
name, and these are general options.
2) and 3) Clarification added.
Now to rip the build modes out of rpm.8, sigh.