Bug 65641 - rpm 4.03 & 4.04 segfaults on --rebuilddb
rpm 4.03 & 4.04 segfaults on --rebuilddb
Status: CLOSED WORKSFORME
Product: Red Hat Linux
Classification: Retired
Component: rpm (Show other bugs)
7.2
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jeff Johnson
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-05-29 07:57 EDT by Need Real Name
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:38 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-05-29 07:57:06 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Need Real Name 2002-05-29 07:57:00 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i586; en-US; rv:0.9.2.1) Gecko/20010901

Description of problem:
I started getting errors when adding packages after a clean 7.2 install. I tried
rpm --rebuilddb, but it segfaults. I downloaded the rpm update from the RH site,
but that does the same. I installed rpm 4.04 from the 7.3 disks, but the problem
persists.

I tried some of the other fixes such as those mentioned in 57112, and got rid of
the bad record rpm -qa was reporting, but I still can't rebuild my database.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
4.03 & 4.04

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.rpm --rebuilddb -vv
2.
3.
	

Actual Results:  lots of stuff, then:
D:   +++        162 findutils-4.1.7-1
D: adding "findutils" to Name index.
D: adding 10 entries to Basenames index.
D: adding "Applications/File" to Group index.
D: adding 12 entries to Requirename index.
D: adding "findutils" to Providename index.
D: adding 5 entries to Dirnames index.
D: adding 12 entries to Requireversion index.
D: adding "1:4.1.7-1" to Provideversion index.
D: adding 1 entries to Installtid index.
D: adding 1 entries to Sigmd5 index.
D: adding 10 entries to Filemd5s index.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)



Expected Results:  Database rebuild completed.


Additional info:

A tarfile of my /var/lib/rpm can be found at:

http://krysia.orcon.net.nz/rpmdb.tar.gz
Comment 1 Jeff Johnson 2002-05-30 19:24:41 EDT
Instance #65 was bad. Sorry I don't know what package
that was.

I've deleted instance #65, and done a --rebuilddb.
You can find a fixed copy of your rpm/Packages at
	ftp://people.redhat.com/jbj/rpmdb-65641-FIX.tar.gz
Download and install by doing (as root)
	cd /var/lib
	mv rpm/Packages rpm/Packages-SAVE
	tar xzvf rpmdb-65641-FIX.tar.gz
	rpm --rebuilddb -vv
and you should be OK.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.