If two pulp servers will be copying packages and deltarpms are available they should default to using the deltarpm in order to save network bandwidth whenever possible.
1. Customer Name: United States Navy
2. What is the nature and description of the request? See Above
3. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Tactical battle systems have limited bandwidth. The ability to minimize
the use of bandwidth for updates is critical.
4. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional
Use deltarpm between instances of pulp running on both shore networks and tactical systems.
5. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully
Copy packages from one pulp server to another using deltarpms.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
7. How quickly does this need resolved? (desired target release)
8. Does this request meet the RHEL Inclusion criteria (please review)
Deltarpm is Already in RHEL 6.0 https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=183634
9. List the affected packages
This is a very old request that I think is not particularly relevant to what pulp is today. Users of pulp have full control to choose which content gets copied between repos and between servers.
Please re-open if you believe this is still relevant as of pulp 2.2.