Description of problem:
Error dialogs in rhsm-gui (for instance, register with invalid user/pw), there's no at-spi object name that will allow me to retrieve the error message.
Automation needs to be able to distinguish between different errors.
"Unable to register the system.
Invalid username or password
Please see /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log"
There's a "label" object with the above text, but the name of the object is the same as the text, so I have no handle to retrieve it by. Not sure what the solution is for this, but the error message needs to be retrievable by a known name.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
I found a workaround for this issue:
I'll reopen this if I hit other Error dialogs that I can't workaround to get the error text.
Reopening - There's actually a bunch of UI controls that i'll need the automation to interact with, that have no at-spi name.
1) There are 2 tables on each of the 3 tabs, plus the "Become Compliant" window. None of them have names.
2) Textboxes on "My Installed Software" at bottom, next to Product/Compliance/Subscription.
3) System name/ Next update texts at upper right.
4) Radio buttons and date selectors' names are calculated values (containing a date that will change)
5) Textboxes in HTTP Proxy dialog.
6) the textbox next to "contain the text" on the "All Available Subscriptions" tab.
I found this tool in an effort to work around this problem (which has failed so far, but the tools is nice)
It runs tests to show the kinds of accessibility problems I'm seeing.
I think that I got most all of the requested labels in, and verified that they were showing up with Accerciser (which works pretty well, btw). Kick this bug back to me if I missed anything or if you need other widgets labelled.
Justin - try using the "AT-SPI Validator" tab in accerciser. It shows you missing names/labels, and some other stuff that i'm not quite sure what it means, but sounds like it should be fixed. There's a couple text boxes still without name/label.
<jweiss> jharris: there's some inconsistency with the ui object names - not a big deal, but Subscribe is just called "Subscribe" but Unsubscribe is called "Unsubscribe Button"
i suppose it is fine either way as long as it's consistent. But I believe that other apps do not use types in the names. And a quick glance around http://library.gnome.org/devel/accessibility-devel-guide/nightly/ seems to confirm that. Kinda makes sense because types are already known to the accessibility layer.
This seems to be fixed now, I haven't checked all the controls, but I'll reopen if I find anything.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.