Description of problem:
Subscription-manager-gui rearranges the /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf file and deletes any comments within the file.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install subscription-manager-gui on a linux machine with all required deps.
2. Manually edit the /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf file, adding comments.
3. Open subscription-manager-gui, and open the 'advanced proxy configuration' section.
4. Close the 'advanced proxy configuration' window.
5. view changes to your /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf.
The gui editor rearranges all the configurations found in the rhsm.conf file that was installed by the rpm, and then adds a new [default] section. The gui editor also will delete any comments made to the rhsm.conf file.
The layout and contents of the .conf file remain unchanged and any comments/notes remain in the file.
Author: Adrian Likins <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Dec 10 16:16:38 2010 -0500
use iniparser's backwards compat config parser
New versions of python-rhsm/subscription-manager should fix this. We moved to
a different config parser lib, the new one should persist order and comments.
This is now working as tested in the above release ^
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.