Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 662981
[Multi-Org] ISE when adding virtualization entitlement when org has not VT channel
Last modified: 2011-03-17 10:12:40 EDT
Description of problem:
there is ISE when adding virtualization entitlement to machine registered into non-admin org
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. have a sat540 and sync rhel5 base, tools and vt channels into admin org
2. create non admin organization org-1 and add all available system entitlements , (it means to add virtualization)
3. add channel entitlement only for core server for org-1
4. don't add any other subscription to org-1 - no virtualization channel!
5. register rhel5 machine into org-1
6. add virtualization entitlement to this machine
error We're sorry, but the channel could not be found.
This error may have occurred in one of three ways:
1. The channel requested does not exist. This is most likely if you arrived at this page through bookmarks or some other non-hyperlink.
2. You do not have permission to view this channel.
3. You've found an error in our site.
2010-12-14 05:25:30,794 [TP-Processor8] WARN com.redhat.rhn.common.errors.LookupExceptionHandler - User 123 does not have access to channel 779 or the channel does not exist
there is nice error message which inform you about missing channel and adding additional software channel entitlement for org-1
it happens only when rhel-x86_64-server-vt-5 is synced into admin org but nonadmin org-1 is without channel entitlements
I also changed warnings to errors, when adding virt entitlement and no tools or VT channel is found.
Technical note added. If any revisions are required, please edit the "Technical Notes" field
accordingly. All revisions will be proofread by the Engineering Content Services team.
When VT channel wasn't available for an organization and virtualization entitlement was added to a system, the action failed with Internal Server Error
Nonavailability of VT channel when adding virtualization entitlement isn't fatal.
Taking a QA contact.
Moving to Verified.
Up to the comment 0 (note to have tools channel entitled in the org1)
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on therefore solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.