Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 663207
org.eclipse.jdt.junit.core jar missing in eclipse-jdt
Last modified: 2010-12-24 19:28:56 EST
Description of problem:
The org.eclipse.jdt.junit.core_3.6.1.r361_v20100825-800.jar is missing in the eclipse-jdt package. As a result, Eclipse Helios does not provide JUnit run configurations and there is no JUnit library that can be added to the buildpath.
The Eclipse download site has a jdt zip file that does include the junit.core jar:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 3.6.1 (build date: 12/01/2010 09:13:14)
How reproducible: reproducible
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install eclipse-platform 3.6.1 and eclipse-jdt 3.6.1
2. Delete ~/.eclipse
3. Launch eclipse
4. Create a new Java project, try to add a JUnit library to the buildpath
5. Try to create a new JUnit test
6. Create a new class, try to run it as a JUnit test
- no JUnit library available
- JUnit test not available under File > New
- JUnit test runner configuration not available
- can select JUnit library in buildpath libraries
- can create new JUnit test
- can run a class as a JUnit test
I installed JDT from the org.eclipse.jdt-3.6.zip file, and after that all the JUnit functionality was available in Eclipse.
eclipse-3.6.1-6.1.fc14 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 14.
eclipse-3.6.1-6.1.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
If you want to test the update, you can install it with
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update eclipse'. You can provide feedback for this update here: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/eclipse-3.6.1-6.1.fc14
eclipse-3.6.1-6.1.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.