Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 663377
Group config update causes open map properties to "spread" across all resources in the group
Last modified: 2011-05-23 21:11:40 EDT
Description of problem:
An open map can contain arbitrary properties.
When a compatible group contains resource which have open map in their configurations, the calculated group configuration shows the open map as having a union of all the properties in the open maps of individual resources. That is OK, because if a particular resource doesn't define some property, it is shown as having that property unset in the detail of the group property.
But if the user edits a group configuration and saves it (and doesn't even have to edit the open map in question), all the configurations of the individual resources in the group are going to contain all the properties defined in their open maps, regardless of whether they had them originally or not.
Perhaps an example will serve as a better explanation:
- a compatible group contains 2 resources that define an open map called "props" in their resource configurations
- resource 1 props:
- resource 2 props:
After updating the group configuration, the props open map will look like this:
- resource 1 props:
and resource 2 props:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a group of JBoss AS Datasources with at least 2 members
2. Add some distinct values to "Connection Property" open map of each resource in the group
3. Go to group configuration
4. Click "Edit" followed by "Save" without any modifications
5. Go to resource configs of individual resources in the group
6. Observe that the "Connection Property" of each resource config now contains the union of all values that were previously defined.
6. from the repro steps
No new properties should be secretly added to the resource configs
Note that this is specific to RHQ 3 / JON 2.4.1. There will be no fix for this
issue in RHQ 4 as that has a completely different UI codebase.
Author: Lukas Krejci <email@example.com>
Date: Wed Dec 15 16:40:21 2010 +0100
BZ 663377 - Updating group config doesn't introduce "foreign" properties in open maps of individual resources.
Verified on JON-2.4.1 build #42 (build number: 10963:0a53ca3)
Observed that JBossAS Datasources group not adding new properties secretly.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.