Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 663772
Dashboard: Cannot load after adding resources to inventory, leaving and returning
Last modified: 2011-05-23 21:13:29 EDT
Description of problem:
Upon initial install, user can see dashboard. but after inventorying a resource, going somewhere else (i.e., Inventory) and trying to return to dashboard, it hangs indefinitely.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHQ fresh.
2. Add a platform to inventory
3. Navigate somewhere else in UI, i.e., Inventory tab.
4. Try to navigate back to Dashboard
Dashboard never seems to load. User gets a page with basic header stuff and search bar, but no dash.
This is not a local connection, i.e., in the office -- I am connecting over the VPN to my test VM. However, it doesn't seem to be a bandwidth issue -- the bandwidth use on my router is negligible. Latency perhaps?
I am not able to reproduce this with top of tree in master(12/17/10 approx. 10:30a.m est) with commit hash 2bbb4cf551c52288216a1d6ad3e1a43d44c320e3. I tried this several times with fresh db each time.
A few questions:
- How did you import the platform? Discovery Queue portlet or Inventory > Discovery Queue? I tried both with fresh databases with same results.
- Is there a specific build that I can use to try to reproduce this?
- Can you retry this with the latest build?
The last thing I'd ask in this case is whether you were on a really slow box or if it's possible that the UI just froze on you that one time. In cases like these an F5 refresh may serve to restart the browser.
I've only seen indefinite hangs in the dashboard/ui when I'm running the dev debug console and I've made some change that cause coreGui to no longer compile.
Marking this verified. Not seeing it happen anymore.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.