Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 667032
RFE: Update to version 0.8
Last modified: 2011-01-25 15:31:43 EST
Below is copied directly from http://www.yorba.org/blog/jim/2010/12/shotwell-080-and-gexiv2-022-released.html
Yorba has released Shotwell 0.8.0, an update to our digital photo organizer. This release includes some great new features:
* Video support for most major video formats, including importing them off of camera and adding them to events and tags.
* Publish videos to major Web services, including YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, and PicasaWeb.
* Runtime monitoring of library directory and auto-import of newly created files.
* Background writing of metadata (tags, titles, ratings, orientation, and exposure date) to master files (user-configurable).
* Flagging photos for batch operations.
* Set multiple photos to desktop background slideshow.
* Numerous translation updates.
* Various bug fixes.
It's highly recommended all users upgrade.
In addition, Yorba has released an update to our Exiv2 GObject wrapper library, gexiv2 0.2.2. (This library is a requirement for Shotwell.) This update fixes a bug where a photo file with malformed EXIF could cause a crash. It's highly recommended that all users upgrade.
Download a source tarball from the Shotwell home page at:
Download a source tarball from the gexiv2 home page at:
Binaries for Ubuntu Lucid (gexiv2) and Maverick (Shotwell, gexiv2) are available at Yorba's Launchpad PPA:
shotwell builds have been failing in rawhide due to the vala upgrade to 0.11.
*** Bug 667369 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Adding the vala bug report to dependency. We can't build shotwell 0.8.0 without that bug getting fixed.
We also need libgexiv2 0.22 to be able to finish this build.
(In reply to comment #4)
> We also need libgexiv2 0.22 to be able to finish this build.
What's http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=212189 ???
0.8.1 is in rawhide