Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 67369
LPRNg - no server active
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:43:34 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0rc2) Gecko/20020510
Description of problem:
I have a local printer (local /dev/lp0) HP DeskJet 930C. After upgrade from Red
Hat 7.2 to 7.3, i cannot print with LPRng. The print output is normally send to
the print queue, but not to the printer from the queue. KLpq says "Server: No
server active". But LPD is started. It occurs, when I select some driver for HP
Desk Jet printer. But, when I select the "only text printer" driver, I can send
the ASCII text page to the printer normally. Version of LPRng is LPRng-3.8.9-4
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):LPRng-3.8.9-4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a printer named hplocal (local printer /de/lp0).
2. Select a HP driver for HP DeskJet 930C (any from selection).
3. Try to print a ASCII test page from printconf-gui.
4. The print output remain in the queue and is not send to the printer.
5. Select a driver "only text printer" for the local printer.
6. Prin a text ASCII page. The test ASCII page is sent to the printer.
Actual Results: The print output remains in the queue and is not send to the
Please attach /etc/alchemist/namespace/printconf/local.adl.
Created attachment 63764 [details]
Here is the local.adl
Well, the problem is solved now. I reinstalled LPRng, printconf, printconf-gui,
all OMNI binaries, ghostscript and .... I had not a VFlib2 binaries in my
system. From this time i can print through LPRng.
Okay, thanks for updating this report about the solution.