Description of Problem:
When I attempt to install the package rsh-server-0.17-5.i386.rpm from CD#2
(Redhat 7.3) it causes KPackage to crash.
Have done it three times.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load CD#2 from RH LInux 7.3
2. Start KPackage from the KDE3 start menu: System - KPackage. Give it the
3. File - Open... /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/rsh-server-0.17-5.i386.rpm
4. Click OK. The file browser disappears, but nothing else happens !
5. File - Open... again. This time I get a different "kpackage" form with one
package listed - rsh-server. Click "Install" on that form. CRASH !!
"KPackage crashed and caused signal 11 (SIGSEGV)"
I was able to install telnet-server from the same CD without a crash. Followed
the same awkward procedure as above, but this time it installed.
This is a support issue, not a bug with the Red Hat website. Please use the
ticket manager to address this with support.
I don't know how this got assigned to website development, but it is definitely a bug. Please assign it to the proper group.