Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 676757
"Globally Uncaught Exception" when entering very, very large numbers
Last modified: 2011-10-04 15:27:10 EDT
Description of problem:
When user enters very large numbers, an error is thrown.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. $resource > Monitoring > Schedules
2. In Collection interval, enter the string "9999999999999999"; observe that it changes to "10000000000000000"
3. Add another 9 to the end, effectively changing it into "100000000000000020"
4. Add another 9 to the end, effectively changing it into "1000000000000000300"
5. Add one more 9, effectively changing it into "10000000000000002000", View results
Error message -
Message Center :
Globally uncaught exception
Thu 10 Feb 2011 10:20:43 PM EST
java.lang.NumberFormatException:For input string: "10000000000000002000"
...make sure the exception is caught, I guess.
This may happen in templates too, but I don't remember seeing it.
can't enter anything higher than 10000000 without a validation error to pop up. no more exceptions show in the message center.
Verified against RHQ 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT build# f896da0.
I get the error exclamation next to Collection Interval when I enter anything more than 10000000.
Marking this bug as verified.
Bookkeeping - closing bug - fixed in recent release.