Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 677424
St-ERROR **: st_widget_get_theme_node called on a widget not in a stage
Last modified: 2013-07-01 20:30:09 EDT
Created attachment 478682 [details]
c program that tiggers the crash in g-s.
attached you'll find a simple .c program I have been using since metacity times which orders all gnome-terminal windows in a 2x2 grid and moves them to deskop #2 assuring there are 6 desktops around. That worked fine in metacity, but in gnome-shell fails miserably in multiple ways:
- After login and starting at least one terminal from which I run this command gnome-shell will abort with "St-ERROR **: st_widget_get_theme_node called on a widget not in a stage"
- The number of desktops is not actually changed to 6
- After running it a second time g-s doesn't crash anymore and the number of desktops is increased to 6, but the terminals are not actually moved to desktop #2.
- After running it a third time the windows are moved too.
I have seen the abort above in other contexts as well, so even if you do not use my little tool you run into this sooner or later, so consider my tool just as a good example to trigger this problem with.
This is gnome-shell-2.91.6-5.fc15.x86_64 (today's rawhide).
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 19 development cycle.
Changing version to '19'.
(As we did not run this process for some time, it could affect also pre-Fedora 19 development
cycle bugs. We are very sorry. It will help us with cleanup during Fedora 19 End Of Life. Thank you.)
More information and reason for this action is here:
gnome-shell-3.8.3-3.fc19 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 19.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 19 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing gnome-shell-3.8.3-3.fc19'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
gnome-shell-3.8.3-3.fc19 has been pushed to the Fedora 19 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.