Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 678423
Nameserver error in IPv6
Last modified: 2011-02-18 05:00:07 EST
Description of problem:
The nameserver given in the UI on a static configured IPv6 interface is not written to /etc/resolve.conf
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
F15 Alpha TC2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a network installation on a IPv6 only network
2. On the network UI switch off IPv4 and give a static IPv6 addressing scheme with a IPv6 nameserver address
3. Anaconda complains that it can't resolve the repo's
4. Switch to terminal 2 and do a 'ls -l /etc/resolve.conf'
5. See that /etc/resolve.conf is 0 byte in size.
/etc/resolve.conf is 0 byte in size and no nameserver line is wruitten to it
/etc/resolve.conf contains the nameserver given in the network UI.
After editing /etc/resolve.conf manually name resolution is possible in this setup.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 672282 ***