Bug 68005 - Text in the message headers box has boxes between each letter
Text in the message headers box has boxes between each letter
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Red Hat Public Beta
Classification: Retired
Component: evolution (Show other bugs)
limbo
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jeremy Katz
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2002-07-05 03:50 EDT by Nathan G. Grennan
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:38 EDT (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2002-07-05 06:34:17 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Nathan G. Grennan 2002-07-05 03:50:28 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 Galeon/1.2.5 (X11; Linux i686; U;) Gecko/20020625

Description of problem:
Text in the message headers box at the top of a message and text in the Summary
has a character that looks like a box between each letter. Also text that is
part rendered from html has the same problem. Normal text from a plain text
message doesn't have this problem.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install Evolution
2. Run Evolution
3. View the Summary screen
	

Actual Results:  Text on the Summary screen has a character that looks like a
box between each letter.

Expected Results:  Text to look normal without the character boxes.

Additional info:
Comment 1 Nathan G. Grennan 2002-07-05 06:34:13 EDT
Well, I fussed and fussed with it. Tried downgrading evolution and most of the
libraries it depends on. None of that had any effect. Finally I found the way to
change the fonts through HTML Viewer and after trying various combinations for
the screen fonts I found I could get rid of the boxes. So I have found a
workaround, but there still seems to be a bug in evolution or one of it's
supporting libraries. Probably related to the switch to UTF-8 support in this beta.
Comment 2 Jeremy Katz 2002-07-06 13:20:47 EDT
The  75 and 100dpi core fonts were left out of the comps file on accident. 
Installing the XFree86-75dpi-fonts and XFree86-100dpi-fonts packages and
restarting xfs should fix the problem (note that you'll also need to killev to
make sure none of the components pick up the old fonts).  Comps file is fixed in CVS

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.