Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 681653
RFE: Disabled accounts should indicate that acct is disabled vs "wrong user/passwd"
Last modified: 2013-02-26 17:28:02 EST
Description of problem:
When attempting to login with a disabled account, the user is given a boilerplate "The username or password provided does not match our records." We should probably have a different message for such a scenario
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Administration > User > $someaccount
2. Disable said account
3. Attempt to login with said account
"The username or password provided does not match our records."
Would be nice to have something like:
"This account has been disabled. Please contact your system administrator."
We definitely don't need this for RHQ4, and I think it's fairly low priority for JON3, especially considering it will be a bit involved to implement. I think the required changes would be something like the following:
1) in AuthenticateUserAction.execute() (portal-war), in the catch Exception block for the call to subjectManager.login(), check if the exception message contains "disabled", and if so, set a request attribute to flag that the login failed because the user was disabled.
2) at the top of Login.jsp (portal-war), either set the response code to something other than 401 (e.g. 403) or set a customer HTTP header (e.g. RHQ-Authentication-Failure-Reason: user-disabled)
3) in LoginView.login(), in the login request callback, check for the HTTP response code or header set in step 2, and if found, add a "This account has been disabled." error message to the login form.
Making it a blocker of jon3 for now. We can decide whether or not to push it later.
Pushing out of JON3