Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 688415
[JBPAPP-6123] JON 2.4.1 + EWS 1.0.2-CR1: Tomcat plugin doesn't notice that Tomcat instance has changed
Last modified: 2011-10-19 09:15:37 EDT
1) Start EWS's Tomcat 5, monitored by JON (Ensure JMX is ok, write privs etc.)
2) Deploy attached hellothere.war in Tomcat's localhost virt host's INVENTORY tab
3) The app is shown to be deployed, op result is Success,
but the app is not really deployed and is reported as DOWN.
No errors in RHQ Agent's log - attached.
No errors in tomcat.log or catalina.out.
See Jira for attachments.
Was caused by JON not recognizing that the Tomcat instance has changed. I didn't uninventory Tomcat 6 and inventory Tomcat 5. Is this good behavior? ...
1) Inventorize Tomcat 6
2) Stop Tomcat 6
3) Start Tomcat 5 with the same ports
4) discovery -f
5) See the Tomcat's traits - it considers it the same instance, with the same resource key, which is made from filesystem path, which has changed.
Marking this as a feature request. We will need to do something similar to what
we do for JBAS which is to keep a link between the Tomcat home dir and the jmx
connection url, so when we connect to a given url we need to make sure its for
the Tomcat instance we expect