Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 693639
gnome-power-manager resets custom brightness level
Last modified: 2011-11-15 08:39:38 EST
Description of problem:
When on battery, gnome-power-manager resets custom brightness levels.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gnome-power-manager-2.32.0-3.fc14.x86_64 and any later version
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure g-p-m to "Reduce backlight brightness" on battery
2. Go on battery and set a custom brightness level with the function keys. This is a very common use case, e.g. you are travelling
3. wait a little until the timeout for "Dim brightness when idle" has been reached. Note: This option is turned *OFF*
Brightness gets dimmed to default level again.
Brightness should not change for this session where "session" means
- until the laptop has been suspended OR
- until the display has been locked OR
- until "Put laptop to sleep when inactive for" or any other timeout from g-p-m has been reached, but NOT the timeout for "Dim brightness when idle" especially when this option is not enabled.
This should be fixed in F16, please reopen if that's not the case. Thanks.