Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 69639
mozilla and other icons are no longer on the gnome panel
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:44:25 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.79 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.4.18-5 i686)
Description of problem:
there is a deterioration of the desktop such that the mozilla icon can no longer
be found. in all accounts: root, user[s].
Sometimes the nautilus window[s] go blank and refuse to close. [happened last
when I was root]. Logging out will clear the situation for nautilus but mozilla
and the panel ids [showing 4 possible desktops] remain absent in the root but
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Actual Results: mozilla icon is not there for root & user[s]
root panel has no id sections - they remain for the user
Expected Results: mozilla icon should be seen on the panel and the menus
gnome panel should be visible
Besides Mozilla, the lock icon also is gone and the `start here' does not seem
I tried to re-install Mozilla with the errata [updated] files but it responded
that all the files were already installed. So I guess that Mozilla is installed
Is there a way to `kick' it and others into activity and view?
I noticed seemingly related multiple error messages on boot-up: hda:: dma -
intr status 0x51 or 0x84.
I couldn't catch the rest and pause did not stop the computer.
I should also mention that I have a Raid1 with `/boot' [47mb]; `/' [25.5gig]
plus dos=hda1 and os2warp.
/dev/sda1=2.2gig removable scsi hd
I hope this helps to resolve the issue
Look forward to hearing from somebody soon.
I would like to get the matter resolved and wonder if anybody is monitoring this
It's working fine here. What did you change?
Since submitting this bug a number of weeks ago I have re-installed rh7.3 a
number of times mostly without raid as I thought it might contribute to the problem.
For some reason I seem to end the same way: Mozilla and Nautilu no longer
resposive and finally a full crash - kernel panic.
I recently submitted new bugs as this one had been totally non-responsive until now.
The other bugs are : #72155 and #71880.
I forgot to add that the main element was trying to change the preferences in
It would not accept multiple changes. The preferences window would not close on
With the update to Mozilla changes I tried again and could now make change[s] -
one at a time.
I was surprised to have any follow-up after such a long time.
I'm removing the false dependancies from this bug report. This bug
is a duplicate of 72155. It looks like a video acceleration issue perhaps,
and is not an application level bug.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 72155 ***