Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 697854
Reports->Recent Operations and Recent Alerts: 'Delete' Buttons are disabled for a user with control_write permission
Last modified: 2012-06-13 14:26:47 EDT
Description of problem:
Buttons 'Delete' and 'Force Delete' are disabled for a user having control_write permission for a resource in Reports->Recent Operations page.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
build#1144 (Version: 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: 50f58a4)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to RHQ as rhqadmin.
2. Create a user and a compatible group of resorces (Ex: Apache).
3. Create a role with only control_write resource permissions.
4. Assign the resource group and the user created to the role.
5. Logout and login as the user created above( with only control_write resource permissions)
6. Navigate to Reports->Recent Operations.
7. Select a row and observe that the 'Delete' and 'Force Delete' buttons are disabled.
The Delete button is disabled for a user having control write permission.
The 'Delete' button should be enabled after selecting a operation history and user should be able to delete resource operation history in reports.
When the same user (with only control_write resource permissions) navigates to the 'operations->History' tab of the resource, the buttons 'Delete' and 'Force Delete' are enabled and user can delete the operations history.
The subsystem views are cross-inventory views and currently often require a global priv (manage_inventory) to enable buttons that perform "write" operations. The alternative is a costly button enable check that requires resource level perm checking each time the selection changes. We've opted not to do that in these views at this time.
This could be re-opened as an RFE based on customer demand.