Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 697857
Reports->Configuration History: Delete button is disabled for a user having configure write permission
Last modified: 2011-10-04 15:27:39 EDT
Description of problem:
Delete button is disabled for a user having configure write permission in Reports->Configuration History page.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
build#1144 (Version: 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: 50f58a4)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to RHQ as rhqadmin.
2. Create a user and a compatible group of resources (Ex: RHQ Agent).
3. Create a role with only configure write resource permissions.
4. Assign the resource group and the user created to the role.
5. Logout and login as the user created above( with only configure write resource permissions)
6. Navigate to Reports->Configuration History.
7. Select a row and observe that the 'Delete' button is disabled.
The Delete button is disabled for a user having configure write permission.
The 'Delete' button should be enabled after selecting a config history and user should be able to delete resource config history in reports.
When the same user (with only configure_write resource permissions) navigates to the 'Configuration->History' tab of the resource, the 'Delete' button is enabled and user can delete the config history.
The subsystem views are cross-inventory views and currently often require a
global priv (manage_inventory) to enable buttons that perform "write"
operations. The alternative is a costly button enable check that requires
resource level perm checking each time the selection changes. We've opted not
to do that in these views at this time.
This could be re-opened as an RFE based on customer demand.