Created attachment 494707 [details]
Native systemd service file for backuppc service
Description of problem:
The attached file is a native systemd file for upcoming F15 Feature 
Please read  on how to packaging and installing systemd Service files.
To learn more about Systemd daemon see .
To view old SysV with the new Systemd site by site see for your component see 
If you have any question dont hesitate to ask them on this bug report.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
To test this.
Copy the file into /lib/systemd/system/ directory
Run systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl start/stop/restart/enable/disable backuppc.service
Moving systemd service RFEs to rawhide.
At this point, it is not appropriate in the Fedora 15 cycle to add these. Furthermore, at this point, we are still finalizing the packaging guidelines to handle SysV -> systemd upgrades.
We therefore request:
- wait until there are packaging guidelines (this will be announced on the devel list). This ensures that upgrades will work smoothly and we/you won't have to do multiple sets of changes.
- work on these sorts of changes for Fedora 16 where necessary, not Fedora 15, as we're trying to fix things for release.
- do *not* change a service from SysV to systemd in an existing release (such as Fedora 15), as this is the sort of behavior change that goes against our update policy, documented as https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 14.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc15 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 15.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.el6 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 6.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=epel-testing BackupPC-3.2.1-1.el5'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc14 has been pushed to the Fedora 14 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.fc15 has been pushed to the Fedora 15 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.el6 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 6 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
BackupPC-3.2.1-1.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.