Translation projects contain a number of distinct files with source material.
Applying the same change across a number of files requires opening each file, finding the item that needs to be changed, and applying the change. Find and Replace works within a file, but not across files.
A "Find and Replace" feature that works across all the files in a project has been implemented.
Users can now apply a change across all the files in the project from a single point in the user interface.
- Searches may be case sensitive or case insensitive
- Searches can look for a search phrase in translations, source strings or both.
- Matching text flows are shown and can be selected by clicking anywhere on a row.
- Checkboxes are present to select or de-select all matching text flows in a document or project.
- When a text flow is selected, a preview is shown in the place of the translation.
- Previews are a text diff between the current translation string, and the translation string that will be present if the replace button is pressed.
- Replacements are performed by clicking the 'Replace' button.
- Whenever a replacement is made, a log message is shown beneath the search results, with an associated 'undo' link that will reverse the replacement.
- Replacement and undo will not be applied to text flows that have been concurrently changed. This is to prevent overwriting of updated translations with old translations.