Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 707252
[RFE]Allow any registered user to change the Blocks: field
Last modified: 2013-06-23 23:38:39 EDT
As requested by Bugzilla admin team, filing a public bug for this. We (QA) would like to ask that the Bugzilla configuration be adjusted such that any registered user can change the Blocks: field of a Fedora bug. This is necessary to the smooth functioning of the blocker bug process:
as the mechanism by which you propose a bug as a release blocker is to set it as blocking another bug.
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
*** Bug 758510 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This would also allow the Depends On field to be changed, as blocking one bug automatically creates a depends on link the other way.
According to http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/tip/en/html/products.html#product-group-controls
it seems to be possible to create a group editbugs group for Fedora such as editbugs_fedora that allows their members to only edit all bug fields in bugs in the Fedora product.
That's not what we want, though. We don't want everyone to be able to edit *any field* in Fedora bugs. We want everyone (registered) to be able to edit a single specific field in Fedora bugs.
(In reply to comment #6)
> That's not what we want, though. We don't want everyone to be able to edit
> *any field* in Fedora bugs. We want everyone (registered) to be able to edit
> a single specific field in Fedora bugs.
Then it seems to be that the code needs to be modified:
I've updated the code so that any registered bugzilla user can edit the blocks and dependson field for the Fedora product, without requiring any special permissions.
Matt: you are my new favourite person and I owe you many, many beers. thanks!
I've changed this to remove the ability to edit the 'depends on' field.
Now registered users will only be able to edit the Blocks: field.
Verified on version 4.4-1 on test sever --> PASS
1. Log in bugzilla with firstname.lastname@example.org account.
2. Search a fedora public bug bug A.
3. Change the blocks field with another fedora public bug B.
4. Go to bug B's detail page, check depends on field.
5. Search a Bugzilla public bug bug C.
6. Change the blocks field with another public Bugzilla bug bug D.
7. Go to bug D's detail page, check depends on field.
8. Go to bug A's detail page, update depends on field.
9. Go to bug C's detail page, update depends on field.
1. After step3, blocks field of bug A can be changed successfully.
2. After step4, bug B's depends on field is changed.
3. After step6, blocks field of bug C cannot be changed.
4. After step7, bug D's depends on field not be changed.
5. After step8, bug A's depends on field can not be updated.
6. After step9, bug C's depends on field can not be updated.
Change to ON_QA in order to verify again on v4.2-8
This change is now live.