Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 70926
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:45:17 EDT
This is kdebase 3.0.2-7.2
- Everyone who sees the thing where the panel icons "grow" when you
mouse over them says that it looks really bad (it's because it doesn't work
quite right - it needs to grow smoothly instead of jumping in one step,
perhaps). In OS X this feature is serving a useful purpose of growing the mouse
target and zooming the icon so you can see what it is, in kicker it just isn't
implemented in a way that adds anything.
Also, it weirdly only happens on some of the icons (not on Mozilla, Evolution
- Another nice tweak might be to change the default panel size from 46 to 48, so
that the 48x48 icons fully fit on there.
- KOrganizer system tray gadget should not be there, as Evolution is already
there; and the RHN tray icon should appear in this space.
- The panel should not have hide/show arrows by default.
- With this kdebase version I still have the default Qt theme instead of
Wonderland? Is that expected?
- I also still have a Utilities menu merged in? this may be the result of
an old install.
- The order of icons on the desktop should be inverted, i.e. Home at the top and
Trash on the bottom.
Note, I have a system that's partially installed with old code, so some of these
issues may no longer apply.
- have you set Wonderland style before update? i cannot reproduce it here.
it work for me.
- Please take a look in $HOME/.kde/share/applnk if you still have old desktop
files here. What does "cat /etc/kderc" say ?
The current KDE packages only merges /var/lib/menu/kde in.
- i will fix another issues "panel icons grow", "panel size from 46 to 48",
"KOrganizer system tray gadget", "hide/show arrows", "The order of icons" in
next kdebase-3.0.2-9 or newer
Perhaps we should add konsole/gnome-termimal on panel?
- with latest kdebase and qt from dist-8.0-toolchain installed, I logged
in with a fresh user, clicked "skip wizard" on kpersonalizer, and
I don't have the Wonderland Qt theme by default. I do have the wonderland
- I do still have a "Utilities" submenu on this fresh user account,
containing only one item ("Ami") - maybe you only see this if you install
- For terminal on panel, there was another bug report; my rationale
is that if you know how to use a terminal, you will have no trouble
adding an icon there, and we are already short of space for the task
OK, if I do a new user and go through all of kpersonalizer then I do get the
right theme. But even plain Qt apps run under GNOME should be getting Wonderland
by default, we need to set that theme as the global default that you always get.
In kpersonalizer, as discussed on bug #59697, even if we keep kpersonalizer for
language selection, the "choose your look and feel" page _must_ come out when
you first log in. If it stayed, the description of the Red Hat option is
somewhat wrong; but it should not stay, it's just really not right to have this
It would be fine to have this page if kpersonalizer did not run on login (if you
had to run it from the menus after logging in).
It's fixed in 3.0.3-8
Fix confirmed with kdebase-3.0.3-10.