1. Open an xterm under RH 6.0 or 6.1
2. rsh to AIX 4
3. Run smitty with TERM=xterm
4. Press [F3] -- function key ignored.
1. rsh to AIX 4 from RH 6
2. run xterm from AIX with DISPLAY set to RH 6.
3. run smitty on xterm from aix system on RH 6.
4. Press [F3] -- function key works
I decompiled and compared termcaps for xterm on both systems
they are identical.
Only possible gotcha is I have ssh installed.... it should be used under
both of the above cases, though.
Any clue as to what the problem is? Looks like the xterm implementation
on RH 6.1 is hosing the key map somehow.
this should be fixed in the next release.