Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 71172
Installer fails to install from HD ISO images
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:45:23 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Q312461)
Description of problem:
I have put my images on /dev/sdb1, the ISOs are good and can burn them and
install manually or from kickstart NFS install. Anaconda appears to read the
analyze the ISOs and correcty can mount and cd into the directory, but reports
that it cannot find valid ISOs.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use a system with 2 SCSI HDs. (sda and sdb).
2. Install RH 7.2 IA64 on /dev/sda only.
3. After install use fdisk and create a /dev/sdb1 partition as ext2 and
format, then mount as /mnt
4. dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/mnt/disk1.iso for CD 1
5. dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/mnt/disk2.iso for CD 2
6. Note, that if you have automount running for cdrom, unmount first before
7. Note, you can also use RH ISOs if you can get them.
8. Boot kickstart installer, select HD as your source.
9. Select /dev/sdb1 as the source for the ISOs.
10. Use / as the directory.
11. Press enter and wait for error.
Actual Results: Error that it could not find RH ISO images.
Expected Results: Installation should have started.
This is for IA64. I do not feel that this may have been tested.
Jeremy could you try a HD install from an ia64 please?
Was your hard drive partitioned as GPT or MSDOS?
Closing due to inactivity. If you have new information to add please reopen the