Spec URL: http://pingou.fedorapeople.org/RPMs/python26-argparse.spec
SRPM URL: http://pingou.fedorapeople.org/RPMs/python26-argparse-1.2.1-2.fc15.src.rpm
The argparse module is an optparse-inspired command line parser that
improves on optparse by:
* handling both optional and positional arguments
* supporting parsers that dispatch to sub-parsers
* producing more informative usage messages
* supporting actions that consume any number of command-line args
* allowing types and actions to be specified with simple callables
instead of hacking class attributes like STORE_ACTIONS or CHECK_METHODS
as well as including a number of other more minor improvements on the
For Python 2.6
Scratch build: http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3169526
* Named appropriately
* Proper license
* Spec file is legible
* Source matches upstream
* No locale files present
* No shared libraries
* Not relocatable
* Owns all directories and files it creates and nothing more
* Consistently uses macros
* Code not content
* Not a GUI app
* All filenames valid UTF-8
* No scriptlets
* builds in koji
* rpmlint just has false positives on spelling
* LICENSE.txt file present but not included (now fixed in python-argparse as well)
- NEWS.txt could be included as well (run dos2unix on it to fix EOL as well)
Fix the inclusion of the LICENSE file and this is APPROVED
Remember to retire and dead.package in devel after creating this (since we only need it in el5)
Thanks for the review, I will make the changes when I import the package.
New Package SCM Request
Package Name: python26-argparse
Short Description: Optparse inspired command line parser for Python
Git done (by process-git-requests).
python26-argparse-1.2.1-3.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
python26-argparse-1.2.1-3.el5,packagedb-cli-1.0.0-6.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
Package python26-argparse-1.2.1-3.el5, packagedb-cli-1.0.0-6.el5:
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=epel-testing python26-argparse-1.2.1-3.el5 packagedb-cli-1.0.0-6.el5'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
python26-argparse-1.2.1-3.el5, packagedb-cli-1.0.0-6.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.