Description of problem:
Certain queries generated by phpMyAdmin ( while trying to edit an existing row ) are not accepted by the database server. Instead of the normal result there is an error, similar to http://forums.devshed.com/mysql-help-4/mysql-phpmyadmin-problem-139377.html and http://drupal.org/node/72405
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
I cannot provide access to my internal setup but see the links above or http://www.google.com/search?q=phpmyadmin+"unclosed+quote" .
ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 272 <==== this number varies with the query
Basically the query is rejected at the first ' character preceding the content of the field.
The query should be executed by the server.
phpmyadmin was installed on a centos 5 box ( running php-5.3.6 from IUS ). The problem appears both with the db server running mysql-server 4.1.22-2.el4_8.4 package from Centos 4.9 and with mysql50-5.0.92-1.ius.el4.
I've rebuilt the current phpmyadmin.src.rpm from F15 ( 3.4.3 ) and the problem is gone. The following warning is displayed: "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.", but everything seems to work OK so far.
I've now set up a test environment which is as follows:
vm1: CentOS 4 + mysql-server-4.1.22-2.el4_8.4
vm2: CentOS 5 + php53-5.3.3-1.el5_6.1 (official!)
+ phpMyAdmin-126.96.36.199-1.el5 (rpm --nodeps)
Via phpMyAdmin, I created a new database and a table with 1 varchar(25) field.
Afterwards I inserted one row using phpMyAdmin with a "'" (without the "") and
same with "`" (without the "" again).
It just works. May you provide me more details? Do you have any non-default PHP
First of all, thank you for looking into this.
I am extremely sorry but I could not afford to keep the system in that state, I had to upgrade (before even filing the bugz). Even today I have upgraded to the version that you have pushed yesterday to EPEL-6 ( recompiled for EL-5).
The difference that I can spot between our setup and your tests is that we are using the php53u stack on the centos 5 machine. The version of mysql-server did not seem to matter, I had exactly the same problem both with the official mysql-server-4.1.22-2.el4_8.4, with mysql50-server.i386 5.0.92-1.ius.el4 and also with mysql-5.0.42-1.el4.centos.i386.rpm from centos-testing.
If this helps, the issue appeared always when trying to edit any of the varchar rows from the following table :
SET time_zone = "+00:00";
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `Personal` (
`nume` varchar(30) default NULL,
`prenume` varchar(30) default NULL,
`nickname` varchar(30) default NULL,
`extension` varchar(10) default '0',
`wiki_url` varchar(255) character set utf8 default NULL COMMENT 'the wiki url of the guys',
`ReadRight` tinyint(1) default NULL,
`Personal_ID` int(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`staff` int(5) default NULL,
`leader` int(5) default NULL,
`available` smallint(6) default NULL,
`date` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
KEY `Personal_ID` (`Personal_ID`),
FULLTEXT KEY `date` (`date`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 COMMENT='lista cu angajati' AUTO_INCREMENT=408 ;
"magic_quotes_gpc = On" triggers the bug in libraries/common.inc.php:236
This issue has been already fixed in 3.x, it only affects 2.x - and only,
if somebody uses this deprecated functionality.
phpMyAdmin-188.8.131.52-2.el5 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 5.
phpMyAdmin-184.108.40.206-2.el4 has been submitted as an update for Fedora EPEL 4.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora EPEL 4 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=epel-testing phpMyAdmin-220.127.116.11-2.el4'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
phpMyAdmin-18.104.22.168-2.el4 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 4 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
phpMyAdmin-22.214.171.124-2.el5 has been pushed to the Fedora EPEL 5 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.