Description of problem:
JCA Adaptor: Need zip file distribution in addition to RPM for non-Linux users.
Build in brew that will produce a zip file.
As of qpid-java-0.10-11 there is a sub package qpid-java-jca-zip which contains a zipfile for the jca installable.
I tried to compare zip distro with RPMs
Files in zip missing
1) Sources - is there any source zip planned?
3) non-JCA exmaples are missing - Is it correct?
I do not like the structure when necessary JAR files are put under examples directory. It may confuse customers that they need not them in the server.
1) I wasn't planning a sources.zip. It would take significant effort as it would need to encompass the qpid JMS code too.
2) I'm not sure this is required (wouldn't it depend on the slf4j configuration)
3) What non JCA examples? This is explicitly a zip of the JCA work, so it doesn't include anything out side the JCA tree, do you think it needs to?
As far as I know the jar files included in the examples directory are only used by the examples, if anything else needs them it is a bug. The adapter itself has those jars already included in the rar. However if they weren't included for the examples then the examples wouldn't be self contained.
Sorry to not be clear before but could you be explicit about what you think needs to be done here.
Thanks for the answers, I wanted to know that the differences found are there by design, not by omission. I am marking the bug as verified now.