Xinerama does not work on 6.2. This may be a bug in xorg-x11-drv-qxl, in qemu, or in spice-server.
Some initial investigation:
- The spice client crashes when the server first asks for four screens.
Starting spicec again makes it display the four windows and run without
- There are two relatively straightforward fixes to the X driver, both having
to do with the extra devices not emulating VGA.
- The PCI probing skips non-VGA devices
- The "save state" routine saves the state of the VGA fonts. When
that is called for non-VGA hardware it gets applied to the one
VGA device, putting it into VGA mode which then creates chaos.
- With those fixes, the X server will start in Xinerama mode, but there is
something wrong with the tablet; it seems to be stuck on the third screen.
Running without the tablet then seems to work.
Created attachment 519304 [details]
xorg.conf file with a Xinerama setup
QA, I'll attach an xorg.conf file that works for me, although it may be that you will need to adjust the PCI IDs according according to how your specific VM is set up. You can find the devices by doing
as root and looking for QXL devices.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.