Description of problem:
"Physical memory guaranteed" property missing on template.
When creating a template from VM with defined memory and defined memory guaranteed,the template has only defined memory. So when user creates VM from this template it might not run because physical memory is beyond the host's resources despite the fact that source VM can be run because physical memory guaranteed is defined on it and it matches or bellow host's resources.
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.
Rediscovered this bug with the following scenario:
1. Imported a CirrOS template from "oVirt-image-repository"
2. Edit new GlanceTemplate-xxx
3. Decrease the memory by 1mb, to 1023 MB.
Notice the follwoing error: "Cannot edit Template. Physical Memory Guaranteed cannot exceed Memory Size"
4. Cannot change "Guaranteed memory size", there is no "Resource Allocation" tab in template.
Existing work around.
1. Create a vm from the existing template.
2. Decrease the "Physical Memory Guaranteed" and save.
3. Create a new template from vm.
This workaround requires recreating a new template for changing any of the "Resource Allocation" properties.
Re-opening, as this value is being used for memory allocations.
Note that both REST and UI are needed.
*** Bug 1077568 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Was fixed two days after Dudi discovered the error. Did the same import and works for me now.
Added the relevant patch reference from gerrit.
verified on :
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager Version: 220.127.116.11-0.1.el6
verification steps :
1. create a vm with 1 GB memory and 1 GB memory guaranteed
2. create a template from the vm
3. create a vm from that template
4. verify that the vm has 1 GB memory and memory guaranteed