Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 7324
rpm build stops, no error reported.
Last modified: 2008-05-01 11:37:53 EDT
I managed to confuse rpm with some general stupidity:
The install section of my spec file made incorrect links for a dynamic
library. Something like:
$ ls -al
/usr/lib/libestjava.so.1 -> libestbase.so.1.2*
/usr/lib/libestjava.so.1.2 -> libestbase.so.1.2.1*
(don't ask why we've got 4 numbers in library names)
When RPM got to the finding dependency stage it just stopped without
building packages, and reported no errors.
It isn't a great problem, just not getting an error message meant it took
me a while to track the problem down...
CSTR, University of Edinburgh
RPM always reports errors, but the error message is often not the last
line on the screen. Go back through the output and you'll find the packaging