From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; T312461)
Description of problem:
When setting options in an XmTest widget XmNcursorPosition is
is ignored in Linux (works with Solaris, HPUX) and cursor is left
at position 0. An extra call to XtSetValues with a single value
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Comment out the EXTRA call to XtSetValues in gig.c
2. Compile gcc -o gig -g -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include gig.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -
lXm -lXt -lXpm -lX11 -lm gig.c
3. Run gig requesting text input from green status line with 't'
Cursor remains at position 0.
4. End selection with 'Enter'
5. quit with 'q'
6. Add the EXTRA XtSetValues call and recompile
7. Text input in status line works as expected
I hope I selected the correct component to report this bug.
Created attachment 74464 [details]
C file demo of the bug
It works without the extra call with openmotif-2.2.2-12 (this is the default for
Red Hat 8.0).