Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 734034
Saved search name should be removed from search bar after user deletes it
Last modified: 2012-02-07 14:21:26 EST
Description of problem:
If user deletes a saved search using the trash icon, a message appears that the saved search is deleted. The search bar still displays the saved search name and user can click in the editable text field to edit the saved search name which results in a NullPointerException.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build#356 (Version: 4.1.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: a98c893)
Browser: Firefox 3.6.3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login to RHQ
2. Navigate to 'Inventory->Servers'
3. Enter in the search bar: type=cron
4. Press Enter.
5. Click on the on the star in the search box.
6. Enter the name for saved search in the editable text field.
7. Press Enter.
8. Click on the down arrow on the right in the search box.
9. Click on the trash icon for the saved search row item.
((We need to click on the trash icon by selecting the saved search row twice due to the existing Bug#733487)
10. It displays the message 'Successfully deleted saved search'.
11. Observe that the search bar still displays the saved search name.
(Please refer the screenshot)
12. Click on the saved search name in the editable text field and rename it.
13. It displays the message 'Failed to rename saved search with name' in the UI and displays a 'NullPointerException'
Saved search name is displayed in the search bar after user deletes it.
Saved search name should be removed from search bar after user deletes it.
Created attachment 520327 [details]
master commit 5d9aa72083fc7e364735f26cf22c8995293b2838
Verified on build#364 (Version: 4.1.1-BETA1 Build Number: 6db75f8)
Saved search name is removed from search bar after user deletes it.
Marking as verified.
changing status of VERIFIED BZs for JON 2.4.2 and JON 3.0 to CLOSED/CURRENTRELEASE