Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 734148
Connection to a secured AS7 instance doesn't work
Last modified: 2013-09-02 03:15:49 EDT
Description of problem:
Connection to an AS7 instance with username/password set for native management interface doesn't work
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Number: a98c893
GWT Version: 2.0.4
SmartGWT Version: 2.4
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Discovery and import an AS7 standalone instance that is not secured yet
2. Secure the instance's native management interface:
2a: Add 'security-realm="PropertiesMgmtSecurityRealm"' argument to '<native-interface interface="management" port="9999"/>' tag in standalone/configuration/standalone.xml file (or whichever configuration file you want to use)
2b: Create a username/password pair in the appropriate properties file, by default standalone/configuration/mgmt-users.properties
3. In RHQ navigate to 'Inventory / Connection settings' of the AS7 instance
4. Input the appropriate username/password pair for connection
5. Restart the AS7 instance so the security realm changes will take effect
AS7 instance remains red (unavailable) and RHQ cannot perform any operations on it
AS7 instance should be visible as "available" and operation execution should work (for example Shutdown operation)
Probably also applies to domain mode!
This feature has not been fully implemented yet, spinder is working on it, so
its not unexpected for this to fail. Needs to be added to release notes.
verified on Version: 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT Build Number: b4761de
Bulk closing of issues that were VERIFIED, had no target release and where the status changed more than a year ago.