Description of problem: Firefox becomes unresponsive forever with intense CPU thrashing if some actions are taken, as described below.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 6.0-1
How reproducible: always reproducible, by taking one of the steps below.
Steps to Reproduce:
* Choose "Print Preview" from file menu; or
* Choose "Image Properties" from an image's context menu.
As mentioned before, the software becomes unresponsive with very high CPU time thrashing.
Open a dialog box.
errata: instead of "Image Properties", it must be read "View Image Info"
It also occurs when select "View Page Properties" from both context or "Tools" menu
"Print Preview" can perform successfully in some pages.
disabling all extensions, plugins, localization and themes won't change anything in this misbehavior
Can't reproduce here.
Fedora Bugzappers volunteer triage team
(In reply to comment #3)
> Can't reproduce here.
That isn't helpful. We have to either find the way how to reproduce this, or to find what did reporter wrong that he is getting into this situation without Firefox bug. Just the fact, that you cannot reproduce it, doesn't mean much to anybody.
(In reply to comment #2)
> disabling all extensions, plugins, localization and themes won't change
> anything in this misbehavior
So, after a bug zapper training extempore, let's return back to this bug.
However, I cannot reproduce here with firefox-6.0-1.fc16.x86_64. So, we need more information to be able to reproduce the issue here.
1) Are you able to reproduce this when running firefox in the safe mode (i.e., run it with parameter -safe-mode on the command line)? That's basically what you were trying to do with switching off plugins etc., just may have missed something.
2) Are you able to reproduce the problem with the upstream binary from
3) Are you able to reproduce the problem with a fresh profile? (run command
firefox -no-remote -P
and define new profile (later you can remove it again)
Thank you for your cooperation and helping to make Fedora more awesome!
We will review this issue again once you've had a chance to attach this information.
Thanks in advance.
Reporter, please reopen if you have the requested info. Thanks!